Tens-of-thousands of women facing cancer also face crushing financial burdens. With time off work, insurance co-pays and the extra expenses which accompany cancer, even the basic expenses of daily living often go unmet. And when a woman has cancer, her family also “has” cancer. Her spouse, children and even grandchildren share the pain. Households can literally fall apart as a woman struggles with illness, adding an unnecessary level of suffering to an already difficult situation.
The fund covers patients with all women’s cancers including:
- Breast cancer
- Cervical cancer
- Endometrial cancer
- Ovarian cancer
- Uterine cancer
The Pink Diamond Women’s Cancer Fund pays for the myriad of non-medical expenses associated with cancer. The result: your gift helps ease a woman’s burden and lifts her spirit.
The Fund also makes referrals and provides financial assistance for wigs, prostheses and special garments not covered by insurance but critical to improving a patient’s self-esteem and recovery.
- The Pink Diamond Fund is a quarterly distribution program.
- Deadline for quarterly applications is the last day of the second month in each quarter. Deadlines – Q1: February 29. Q2: May 31. Q3: August 31. Q4: November 30.
- The program does NOT approve applications on a first-come, first served basis. All requests will be reviewed individually and considered for funding after each quarterly deadline.
- Only requests submitted on this form will be considered for funding.
- All patients must be currently receiving active cancer treatment to qualify for consideration.
- A maximum of $250 may be approved per family, per year.
- All sections of the application must be completed. Failure to complete the entire application will result in ineligibility of funding.
- Only utility and rental fee bills will be considered. A utility request is defined as a heating, electrical or water bill.
- Cell phones, Cable payments, mortgage payments, car payments, insurance or tax bills, medical payments and transportation costs are NOT eligible for funding.
- Copies of all bills or rental agreements being requested must be submitted with application.
- A brief narrative describing the patient’s situation and the family’s need must be included and written by the social worker or hospital personnel.
- If the application is approved, check(s) will be made payable to each utility company and mailed directly to the family.
Questions? Contact us at email@example.com
What Women Tell Us
“Thank you… I am so grateful for your rent and utility assistance. You truly cared and responded to my need. I want to get well and help you help others. “ Luella Marshall, Ovarian Cancer Survivor
“I would like to express my deepest gratitude towards the Pink Diamond Fund for their outstanding support and understanding in my time of need. The ability to repair my car so I can drive to and from radiation therapy lifts my spirits. Thank you so much. “ Catherine Lenihan, Breast Cancer Survivor
“With the worry about bills gone, I was able to clear my mind and focus on my healing. I started to think about and implement my recovery. I realized that I had choices. Thanks to the Pink Diamond Fund, this is the best I have felt since diagnosis nearly twenty months ago.” Deena Corcoran, Melanoma Survivor
“In a time of fragile emotions, the Pink Diamond Fund was there to help get me back on track with my rent. And the literature you sent inspired me to keep my hope alive. Then I realized I too was not on my own.” Laura Brooks, Ovarian Cancer Survivor
“Knowing there are people around like the Pink Diamond Women’s Cancer Fund who dedicate their time and money to caring for people like me makes a big difference. I send my sincere thanks and my appreciation. “ Carolyn Jasper, Cervical Cancer Survivor
Help & Hope for ALL Women Battling ALL Women’s Cancers
Your support of The Pink Diamond Women’s Cancer Fund will help lighten the burden of women going through cancer.